Group pictured, looks at excavated ruins of the Mission San Jose mill shortly
before the San Antonio Conservation Society began restoration, March
1936. On left is Mrs. Conn Milburn, of the Conservation Society, with
Erhard Guenther, president of Pioneer Flour Mills, and Mrs. J.K.
Beretta, of the Society of Colonial Dames. The Colonial Dames
contributed funds for the project and Pioneer Flour Mills researched and
built the mill machinery.